About 9 years ago I started searching for the BEST salsa recipe. I went through 8 recipes (and my husband liked them all) before I found one I liked! It’s supposed to be a Chili’s salsa knock off recipe that I have modified over the years.
– 1 can tomatoes and green chilis (Rotel) <– do not drain
– 1 can diced tomatoes (fire roasted is the bomb!)
– 1 Tbsp Jalapenos (canned, diced, not picked)
– 1/4 C. yellow onion (diced)
– 1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1/2 Tbsp sugar
– 1-2 drops Young Living Black Pepper Vitality essential oil (to taste)
– Cilantro (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend but do not puree. (If you like it chunky, skip this step.)
- Pour into a bowl, cover, and chill. (or eat immediately!!)
- A couple hours of chilling will help blend and enrich the flavor. (who can wait??)
Serve with your favorite chips!
– Normal Rotel and no jalapeno for not so spicy
– Hot Rotel and jalapeno for more spicy
– Other Vitality essential oils to consider: celery seed, clove, copaiba, dill, jade lemon, lemon, lime, rosemary, thyme
If you use this recipe, I’d love to know what you think about it!!
Wanna get your own essential oils?? I’ll tell you how.