My daughter begged for this mask for months and I finally gave in. I bought all the ingredients and we did this tonight. It worked exactly as advertised to include hurting when peeling off! My daughter’s curiosity has been appeased and our skin is very smooth. 🙂
*Do not use metal or plastic containers or spoons for this face mask. Metal makes the bentonite clay lose its potency. The essential oils are not good for plastic.
- 2 capsules activated charcoal (get it here)
- ½ tsp bentonite clay (get it here)
- 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin powder (get it here)
- 2 tbsp rose water (get it here) – or just plain water
- 2 drops tea tree essential oil (get it here)
- Glass bowl & non-metal spoon
- Bowl of very very hot water
- Empty 2 capsules of activated charcoal into the glass bowl, add the bentonite clay, and unflavored gelatin powder.
- Pour in the rose water or just plain water. Mix very well.
- Stir well until combined then place the glass bowl in the bowl of hot water to warm. Stir often.
- When it’s smooth and thoroughly melted, remove from the hot water and add the tea tree essential oil. Mix again.
- Your DIY activated charcoal peel-off mask is ready for application!
- Use your clean fingers or the spoon to apply the mask in a thick even coat, avoiding the area around eyes Do not apply the mask on places where there’s hair that you don’t want to remove (eyebrows). Because this mask gets rid of peach fuzz and tiny facial hairs too!
- After the mask dries up completely, the fun part has arrived: time to peel-off!
- Peel off the mask from one edge coming inwards.
- After all of the mask is off, wash your face with hot water and a mild cleaner then splash it with cold water.
- Admire your soft, smooth skin! Pat dry and moisturize with your favorite moisturizer.
We only recommend using 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils! See what we recommend here.